- 1 large butternut squash, halved vertically with seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth, as needed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Drizzle squash with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt & pepper and roast face down on foil lined pan at 425 degrees 40-50 minutes until tender.
- In a large stock pot, saute shallot with olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend well with immersion blender.